EVENT RULES AND REGULATION
1. Competitors must be 18 or over and resident in the UK to enter the solo, team and looping battles.
2. Competitors must be under 18 years old and resident in the UK to enter the Under 18 battle.
3. Beatboxers who have competed in another country's national competition within the same year as the UK Beatbox Championships may not enter.
4. All applicants have been given equal opportunity to enter, regardless of race, sex or experience.
5. The Championships is split into four categories: Solo (open to men and women), Teams (open to men and women. 2 performers per team), Looping (open to men and women) and Under 18 (open to men and women),.
6. The competitors shall be selected as per the event format, from demos received via the demo submission process.
7. The competition will comprise an elimination round and a battles round as outlines in the event format.
8. The tournament is open to beatboxers only. No instruments are permitted; only sounds made using the human anatomy.
9. Loopstation battle: Beatboxers are permitted to use whatever loopstation they wish for the battle. Effects are permitted as long as all sounds are being made and looped live. No instruments are allowed except for your own tuning/finding a note - but they cannot be looped.
10. Microphones, monitors and water will be provided.
11. Competitors should not perform beatbox routines as already performed in public by other beatboxers, to the best of their knowledge. This is a courtesy. Be original!
12. Competitors should be alert and near the stage at the beginning of the proceedings. Failure to arrive on stage when called up will result in disqualification.
13. A reigning champion can only compete to retain their title to a maximum of two times, leading to a string of 3 wins in a row. Should a competitor gain their third title in a row, they shall not be eligible for the following year’s competition.
14. Competitors who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the organisers will be disqualified from the competition.
15. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
16. By participating in this event you permit the recording of your contributions and assign to the organisers the complete copyright and all other rights in your contributions for use in all media.
17. The organisers may edit or adapt your contributions and by participating you waive any “moral rights” you may have in them.
18. The organisers will not be held liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in the tournament.
19. We reserve the right to amend or alter the format at any time without prior notice. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
20. For the entrant to be a winner they must comply fully with the remaining terms and conditions set out below.
21. The winners of each category shall receive the respective title: UK Champion, UK Looping Champion, UK Team Champions or UK Under 18 Champion.
22. The promoters’ decision is final. The prize may not be exchanged, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. It is a condition of entry that all competitors agree to abide by the rules.
23. The prize as described is available on the date of publication and is subject to availability. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and the participant agrees that no liability shall be attached to UK Beatbox Championships as a result thereof.
24. Winners will agree to participate in publicity.
25. No purchase necessary.